Welcome to Slimanoff.com, a little blog I created to chronicle my adventures in weight-loss surgery. It’s a lot like a Harry Potter novel, except with fewer house elves and more discussions of laparoscopic procedures.
If you’d like to read the entire blog, start with my first post and move forward. It’s all good stuff and many of the entries are quite short.
Before getting too deep into the blog, though, check out my Nicknames page so you know who’s who and what’s what. Also, here’s a heads up: I like to use footnotes (Footnote 1).
If you don’t want to start at the beginning, I understand. You probably have better things to do, and I’m only slightly offended. I mean, it’s not like I put a lot of work into this or anything (Footnote 2). No, really, if you insist on skipping through, here’s a quick guide of some of my favorite and most meaningful posts:
Choosing a hospital and a surgeon
- Meeting the first surgeon
- Visiting the other hospital
- Making my mind up
- Choosing Dr. David Echevarria
Creating the website
This will improve my quality of life
- Going to the performing arts center
- Going to the symphony
- Getting depressed about my size
- Feeling fat, Star Wars style
My Last Meals Tour
- My childhood love for the Hard Rock Cafe
- Ethnic foods in Tampa and DC
- San Francisco food crime
- New York food crime
- And, for my final last meal …
- Actually, you can read all of my Last Meal posts here
Before and after photos
Other interesting things
- Why I still haven’t bought skinny clothes
- My walking playlist (which you can play!)
- My hospital playlist (which you can also play!)
- Lucy the Wonderpup (with pictures of Lucy!)
- Thoughts on completing graduate school
1. I told you I like to use footnotes.
2. I speak three languages: English, sarcasm, and guilt trip.